My name is Stefan Pröll. I am a computer scientist and business engineer by training and a curious mind by nature. I play well in teams and enjoy working with smart people.
Friendliness, courtesy and a good sense of humor are traits which have been proven beneficial for my development. I am a creative problem solver and I prefer working with open source software for tackling complex challenges. I am enthusiastic about Linux and have 10+ years of experience in designing systems and running reliable services. I have profound knowledge in database design and operations and I am fluent in Java, Python and several scripting languages. My current position is head of engineering at Cropster in Innsbruck.
As a side project, I am also an author for
Galileo Computing the Rheinwerk Verlag and published in collaboration with Eva Zangerle and Wolfgang Gassler a book about MySQL 5.5 MySQL 5.6 MySQL 5.7. I also provide expert advice for the same publisher in the area of database related books.
- Stefan Pröll and Andreas Rauber. “Enabling Reproducibility for Small and Large Scale Research Data Sets”. Volume 23, Number 1/2. 2017. HTML
- Stefan Pröll, Kristof Meixner and Andreas Rauber. “Precise Data Identification Services for Long Tail Research Data”. 13th International Conference on Digital Preservation (iPRES). 2016. Draft PDF.
- Andreas Rauber, Ari Asmi, Dieter van Uytvanck and Stefan Pröll. “Identification of Reproducible Subsets for Data Citation, Sharing and Re-Use.” Bulletin of IEEE Technical Committee on Digital Libraries (TCDL), Special Issue on Data Citation (2016). PDF.
- Andreas Rauber, Tomasz Miksa, Rudolf Mayer, and Stefan Proell. Repeatability and Re-Usability in Scientific Processes: Process Context, Data Identification and Verification. In Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Data Analytics and Management in Data Intensive Domains (DAMDID), Obninsk, Russia, October 2015. PDF
- Stefan Proell and Rudolf Mayer and Andreas Rauber, “Data Access and Reproducibility in Privacy Sensitive eScience Domains,” in 11th IEEE International Conference on eScience, 2015. Poster
- Stefan Proell and Eva Zangerle and Wolfgang Gassler, MySQL 5.7: Das umfassende Handbuch, Rheinwerk Computing, 2015. Buy it here.
- Stefan Proell and Andreas Rauber. Asking the right questions – Query-Based Data Citation to Precisely Identify Subsets of Data. ERCIM News, (100), January 2015. PDF
- Stefan Proell and Rudolf Mayer and Andreas Rauber, “Reproducible Database Queries in Privacy Sensitive Applications,” in MATHMOD 2015. PDF
- Joan Starr and Eleni Castro and Merce Crosas and Michel Dumontier and Robert R. Downs and Ruth Duerr and Laurel Haak and Melissa Haendel and Ivan Herman and Simon Hodson and Joe Hourcle and John Ernest Kratz and Jennifer Lin and Lars Holm Nielsen and Amy Nurnberger and Stefan Proell and Andreas Rauber and Simone Sacchi and Arthur P. Smith and Michael Taylor and Tim Clark, “Achieving human and machine accessibility of cited data in scholarly publications,” PeerJ PeerJ PrePrints, 2015. PDF
- Stefan Proell. Dynamic Data Citation. Bulletin of IEEE Technical Committee on Digital Libraries, November 2014. PDF
- Stefan Pröll and Andreas Rauber,, “A Scalable Framework for Dynamic Data Citation of Arbitrary Structured Data”, 3nd International Conference on Data Management Technologies and Applications (DATA2014), Vienna, Austria.
- Stefan Pröll and Andreas Rauber, “Scalable Data Citation in Dynamic, Large Databases: Model and Reference Implementation”, IEEE International Conference on Big Data 2013 (IEEE BigData 2013).
- Stefan Pröll, Eva Zangerle, Wolfgang Gassler , “MySQL 5.6 – Das umfassende Handbuch”, ISBN 978-3-8362-2514-4, Galileo Computing, 2013. Buy it here or here
- Stefan Pröll, Andreas Rauber, “Citable by Design – A Model for Making Data in Dynamic Environments Citable”, in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Data Management Technologies and Applications (DATA2013), 2013. Accepted for publication. Preprint PDF
- Tomasz Miksa, Stefan Pröll, Rudolf Mayer, Stephan Strodl, Ricardo Vieira, José Barateiro and Andreas Rauber, “Framework for Verification of Preserved and Redeployed Processes”, in Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Digital Preservation (iPres 2013), 2013. Accepted for publication.
- Rudolf Mayer and Stefan Proell and Andreas Rauber, “On the Applicability of Workflow Management Systems for the Preservation of Business Processes,” in Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Digital Preservation (iPres 2012), 2012. PDF
- Stefan Proell and Eva Zangerle and Wolfgang Gassler, “MySQL: Das Handbuch für Administratoren.” Galileo Press, 2011.